Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Phlogging About Peace

Tonite I am trying something NEW with fear & trembling. Well, not really, but I am excited and anxious to see how this will turn out!

PHLOGGING is a word that I recently came across. It is a way to blog without keying the words. Since I am in my car quite frequently and that is one of my most effective places to ponder, pray, and meditate, it shouldn't surprise you to know that I keep a notepad on the seat beside me. When a thought or verse or song or anything worth remembering pops in my mind, I must get it down. (It doesn't stay there very long). Yes, most often, I wait until I can stop on the side of the road, but I have been known to try and write something down while driving. You know how that goes, don't you?

Now, I can simply use my Voice Memo app on my iPhone. The audio thoughts (phlog) below are not rehearsed or edited in anyway. I recorded these thoughts about a month ago when I was practicing with the voice memo app. So, if you'll excuse the rawness of my thoughts, perhaps you'll still be able to glean something useful. Just click the PLAY button on the link below.






In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for You alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety. (Ps. 4:8)



Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.  (John 14:27)



I have said these things to you that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.  (John 16:33)