Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Don't Stumble Backwards



Just a reminder to self and anyone else who needs it: 


If you're in the process of moving on, 
moving ahead, 
going forward, 
beware of the junk that tripped you up in the past.

If you pause on your uncertain but necessary journey,

have a moment of trepidation, and 
try to retreat into the safe but unproductive past, 
you just might stumble over those same things again.

I am on the precipice of a whole new adventure. Entering a family business with my father in order to help supplement our college ministry and help my parents be able to have residual income during their senior years, I am heading into unchartered waters.

It is both a blessing....and a pebble in my shoe. A reminder that things are changing, that they must change because such are the things found in LIFE. 

Change. Transitions. Adventures.

Holding on to the affirmation of my Heavenly Father, I put one foot in front of the other - stepping out of my comfort zone. 
I don't die or pass out or stop breathing. 
So, I take another step and experience some surprising results. Soon, I pick up the pace and head towards a wide open field where I feel excited to explore my options.

But then today, I have had my moments where I found myself wanting to retreat. Wanting to undo what has been started. Wanting to quit. For no other reason but FEAR.

A few minutes ago while browsing on Pinterest, I read the quip above. Smiling, I took it to heart and decided not to get entangled with yesterday or used to be's.

FORWARD! 

No stumbling backwards for me.





I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.   
(Phil. 3:14)