Thursday, July 7, 2011

Oldest Burning Lightbulb: 110 Years & Still Glowing



The story starts out with the words, It may not glow brightly, but it sure glows consistently. Though it is referring to the oldest burning light bulb in America, I like what it says about TENACITY. Lately, I have been a little overwhelmed with wearing too many hats and not being able to concentrate successfully on one thing at a time. Do you know what I mean? What do you do to combat the "scattered mind" syndrome?

This "enlightening" story about a light bulb that just won't quit is an encouragement to me at times. It is not that I always burn extremely brightly. Thankfully, it seems that consistency is much more important. And that I can do.

In this thing called life sometimes I plod. Sometimes I soar. Sometimes I trip and stumble. Regardless, I will keep doing what God has called me to do. And it's okay if I don't have extreme energy or constant motivation. I still know what needs to be done. Life cannot be lived in and through our emotions all the time. Imagine what that would look like!

My passion for ministry, for life, and my family never dwindles. I just may not always look as bright as a spotlight. Sometimes the soft glow of a small candle is enough.