Monday, August 14, 2006

Endless Possibilities

On a campus of over 20,000 students from around the world all with their own desires, ideals, religious preferences, confusions, feelings of isolation and loneliness, and false assumptions of freedom the possibilities are endless. Last Wednesday we met - 8 of us - all passionate about reaching college students for Jesus Christ. We prayed, we planned, we strategized, we brainstormed, we dreamed, we got excited!

Our student president was chosen well. She is well-organized, focused, and in tune with her scholastic mission field. She has been and well be a joy to work with this year. This week, at her bidding, we will meet with the entire staff of student officers for more prayer, planning, and detailing of specific ideas.

Our group Bible study night has been moved to Wednesdays. We'll see how that works. The officers have asked that we continue having a "fun and fellowship" night at our house at least once a month. Ever since the inception of this CBF chapter, we have used our home as one of the most effective tools in this ministry. It remains so today. I'm glad. Hospitality has always been one of my more natural gifts. I might work myself into achiness and complete exhaustion, but I always fall to sleep with a smile on my face and praise on my lips!

We're going to try offering CPR classes this year and perhaps a basic car maintenance class for girls. Anyway to make contacts with students and let them see our genuine concern for them. It's gotta start somewhere.

Again, the possiblities are limitless. My head swims just to think of all that could be done. My heart beats fervently to realize that God's allowing me to be a part of His working here!

Meanwhile, my brain sizzles when I think that I have not yet finished tweaking the website and school starts in one week!! So much for my daydreaming!