Saturday, January 28, 2012

Growing My Heart For Jesus

     My husband and I are in Alabama country this weekend where I was able to speak to a great group of ladies at a luncheon this afternoon. They blessed me in so many ways. The couple we are staying with are long time friends and ministry partners with us - it's been so awesome to catch up on their lives and have some time to spend together.
     This morning I was checking my Facebook pages (personal and author) and saw a status from my daughter, the mother of my 3 year old granddaughter Layna. It said this:




I told Layna not to grow up too fast...her very words back to me were, 
"I won't, but my heart is growing for Jesus."




Who told her that? Where did that thought come from? I do know that her mommy and daddy are lovers of Jesus Christ, committed to God, and they live it in front of her. But beyond the fact that it is one of the cuteness things I've ever heard from a child (I am a grandmother - give me my space), it is also profound even in its innocency. 


So, I ask you. Is your heart growing for Jesus? 

Thanks, sweet Layna girl, for reminding us
to always be growing hearts for Jesus.




But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory...
II Peter 3:18