Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Remember To Take Time

Our bodies are designed for an impressive amount of work and even some stress levels can be processed. However, the chronic stress that most of us live with today is not God's design. Our bodies are redefined and greatly affected by continual stress. Don't do it to yourself.

Take time for a walk. Step out of the chaos, even if it is for a few minutes. If you can't make it to the beach or mountains for a significant amount of time off, at least let your body and mind rest somewhere.
Tomorrow, I hope to share with you some astounding facts that I learned while participating in a recent webinar on stress and the effect it has on us. It does catch up with us. It will affect your mind and body.

TAKE TIME AWAY. Make it a priority in your life to practice giving God those things that you know that you cannot control anyway. He is designed to handle your life, your problems, no matter how out of control they may seem. He is able. We are not.

Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; Yes, our God is merciful. The Lord preserves the simple; I was brought low, and He saved me. Return to your rest, O my soul, for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you. For YOU have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, and my feet from falling. (Psalm 116:3-8)