Sunday, September 25, 2011

Never Wave Your Flag of Surrender

On Saturday I was able to go to the Women of Faith conference. Jeff had gone out of town, I had hosted a CBF game night on Friday night for almost twenty college students, and all I really wanted to do on Saturday was.....nothing. Absolutely nothing. Peace & quiet. But God had a greater plan which He usually does. 

Someone contacted me on Thursday to see if I wanted four tickets for WOF. I hesitated, ready to tell the friend I was not interested, but then I thought: what if this is about somebody else? Not just me. And it was.



The two ladies that went with me to the conference were each blessed in unspeakable ways. Had wanted to attend the conference. Needed to be there.
Though my flesh was crying out for physical rest, my soul need refreshment & encouragement. God knew that about me, so this plan. An African parable says, "Rest is allowing your body to catch up to your soul." It is always good for the soul to be revived & renewed, but that doesn't mean the body feels the same. Physical rest has NO substitute.

Mary Mary are two sisters that have been around for about a decade. Their voices sync in a way that is rare to behold. They sing with passion. Clarity. Conviction. My spirit easily resounded with theirs.

If you are having a rough day. Want to "throw in your proverbial towel" - listen to the video. Now, mind you, Mary Mary hail a unique blend of Gospel R&B, so if that's not your thing, you might miss the message. I pray you do not.

We cannot surrender to fear. We will never wave our flags of surrender. Never.

SHOUT IT! SING IT! DANCE IT!

"Greater is He that is in you than He that is in the world...."
(I John 4:14)