1. Potentially the best sleep any man has ever had! (Pre-Eve) No comments, guys!
So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept ; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place.
Click here for video on a study of how differently men & women sleep
2. When sleep may not be what is safest at the time
She made him sleep on her knees, and called for a man and had him shave off the seven locks of his hair. Then she began to afflict him, and his strength left him.
3. At night we often get worked up about things that won't matter in the morning.
“Amid disquieting thoughts from the visions of the night, When deep sleep falls on men.
4. What we put in our eye gate matters. Young or old: it affects our sleep more than we think.
In peace I will both lie down and sleep, For You alone, O LORD, make me to dwell in safety.
5. The ultimate Ambien: trust completely in God for everything. But very few of us do that.
It is vain for you to rise up early, To retire late, To eat the bread of painful labors; For He gives to His beloved even in his sleep.
Get Some Sleep (listen to your mother)
6. How long has it been since you really "slept like a baby"?
When you lie down, you will not be afraid; When you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.
(For the best effect, read verses 13-26)
7. Sleep ranks up there with food. It's important. And no pizza late at night is a good rule.
Ecclesiastes 5:1 The sleep of the working man is pleasant, whether he eats little or much; but the full stomach of the rich man does not allow him to sleep.