Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Just a Thought

On the eve of my 71 year old mother's heart cath and stent procedure, I do not find myself able to write anything lengthy or profound. Thankful that I can be with her (and my dad) during these days, it still does not change the fact that I am not humanly comfortable with the way things are right now with especially my mom. After all, it is my mother. And she is really not herself right now. Even her appetite is almost nil and moving around too much is exhausting. Ever since I arrived yesterday, I have been obsessed with trying to find something that she would eat. Not been too successful.

Tonight, in my email inbox I found this little video from comedian Tim Hawkins about his mother. It made me laugh. I needed that. So thankful for my mother and that she didn't kick me around (watch the video, you'll understand) when I came in late as a teenager. :)