Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bowing to Age - New is Not Always Better

Leviticus 19:32
“Rise in the presence of the aged, show respect for the elderly and revere your God. I am the Lord.”

Proverbs 16:31
“The silver-haired head is a crown of glory, if it is found in the way of righteousness."

Psalm 92:12-14
“The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree,
He shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
Those who are planted in the house of the LORD
Shall flourish in the courts of our God.
They shall still bear fruit in old age;
They shall be fresh and flourishing. ” 


Just coming off spending almost a week with my parents. My mom is preparing for heart surgery (to fix some conduction/electrical problems)in a couple of weeks, so I have been helping to pick up the pieces, do some cooking and cleaning, and really enjoyed being able to give back to the two people who have done so much for me.

In my emails this morning was a video about Old Guys Rule. It was entertaining and squeezed a laugh out of me, but also made me realize that, though my parents are aging, they still have so much wisdom, so much to give. Love being around them. Hearing their thoughts, watching the way they react to things, and the experienced way they handle life. Their faithfulness to God through the years is nothing short of inspirational.

So today, let's give place to AGE. Click on the videos below and enjoy some laughs. If you are afraid of getting old, let that go. Age is a number. Don't stop giving out until God takes you up.


 
Texting faster than morse code?


 
OLD GUYS RULE: Rap if you dare!



 
If you are/were a fan of rock music in the 60s and 70s, you'll enjoy Tim Hawkin's take on some aging rock stars and what they would be singing now.


Have a blessed Tuesday and Rock on no matter your age!