Monday, June 20, 2011

Pictures Tell The Story


Last week's missions trip to Nassau was an epiphany for me in a couple of ways as I mentioned in an earlier post (The Cracked Playing Marble). Having been a career foreign missionary for almost twenty years, this was the first time that I had been on a missions trip - not as the missionary - but as a participant. And it was a first time without my husband on a missions trip. We have always been a team when it comes to missions.



Nine ladies and one man went on this trip. We had those in their 50's, 60's, 70's, and yes, even 80's! I was so inspired by these women who did not think a thing about age, but went because they wanted to serve, wanted to encourage, wanted to experience. I learned so much from them.  Enjoy the pictures as they tell more of the story than my words could ever tell!



Our missionary friend made sure that we experienced the famous Fish Fry District.

Driving through one of the oldest, historic areas of Nassau


Taken from inside the church that was situated in the middle of the Haitian refugee village

I wanted to swim to that boat and take a nap

On our day off, we came upon this beautiful scenery

The signs were always entertaining

Teaching Children's Church at Calvary Haitian Baptist Church

A spontaneous Bible story during one of our days of house-to-house visiting

 
Another spontaneous Bible story time during a visit to one of the Haitian villages