Saturday, July 6, 2013

The Silent Invasion That Is Changing Us




"This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it." 
Ralph Waldo Emerson



I have been waiting for this book for a few months now. First and foremost, I know that it is going to offend me, stretch me, challenge me...but I'm okay with that. It is necessary in order for me to become a better, more relational, more effective ME. I know I am a digital junkie. I admit it. (There, that's the first step, right?)

The Digital Invasion: How Technology is Shaping You and Your Relationships contains a landmine of truths about are all-consuming electronic world. Authored by Dr. Archibald Hart and one of his daughters, Dr. Sylvia Frejd, offer spiritual and physical suggestions for not allowing the world of digital to control who you are and what you do on a daily basis.


My wake up jolt as to how much electronics can affect relationships was a Facebook status of my youngest daughter cited in a post from September 2012



Twenty somethings and younger are the ones that will be most affected by the encompassing power of our electronic world. It is a
point worth heeding for any parent or young adult finding their child or themselves moving ever so slightly away from real relationships.

More on how the digital world is rewiring our brains HERE.