Friday, September 14, 2012

An Invasion of the Digital Kind




My youngest daughter's status on Facebook was the last straw. I had already been debating about a digital sabbatical, but even though her status was "tongue in cheek," I knew there was truth behind it:

(Came down to CLT to visit this weekend) So I am sitting in a chair in my parents living room, not watching TV, not texting or on the phone and not on the computer just sitting there. I had a moment.... I look around and both my parents are quiet, texting on their phones :) IT HAPPENS

Read more HERE about how the digital invasion affects us.


In August, I did take a four-day digital sabbatical (sort of) though I must admit I "fudged" a couple of times. Determined that I will learn to completely shut out the digital roar at least a few days a month is the first of many steps to bring my life back under subjection to God's ways, not culture's way. 

In the meantime, I will learn to put aside my phone when family & friends are in my presence. 


A phone or a face-to-face?


"Thus the Lord used to speak to Moses face to face, just as a man speaks to his friend." (Ex. 33:11a)